- Patient focused
- Safe and non-invasive adjunctive treatment
- Treating the whole person, not just the tumor
- Integrating the best care for the patient to improve outcome and quality of life
If you are diagnosed with cancer there are supportive treatments which may enhance the body’s ability to fight cancer and help the traditional cancer treatments work more effectively. Integrative, holistic medicine combines traditional and adjunctive complementary treatments to restore the patient to a better state of health and improve the quality of life. Whereas traditional medicine will focus on treating the tumor, the holistic approach is to focus on the patient and outcome.
The NIHA physician works with the patient's conventional cancer treatment for necessary surgery, radiation, chemotherapy and immunotherapy, then places the focus on supporting the patient with safe, adjunctive therapies. The integrative physician provides complementary, supportive and specific therapies to enhance the patient’s quality of life while undergoing treatment. The patient is an active participant in the healing process. NIHA treats people with complementary therapies who are undergoing cancer treatment and also offers fractionated targeted chemotherapy where appropriate.
Holistic Cancer Treatment Strategies
1. Cancer is an immune deficiency condition.
Stimulate and support the immune system.
- Assess your immune status with advanced laboratory tests
- Detect and eliminate chronic infections such as yeast/Candida, Lyme Disease
- Reduce tissue inflammation and promote healing
- Enhance immune defense to cancer
2. Cancer developed over time under the stress of accumulated toxins.
Detoxify the body.
- Detoxification is essential for cancer prevention and treatment
- Laboratory testing to evaluate heavy metal or environmental toxicity
- Detecting and eliminating food and environmental allergies
- Restoring natural flora to the bowel
- A comprehensive whole body detoxification program in order for other therapies to work effectively
3. Cancer is a malnutrition condition.
Correct nutritional imbalances.
- Laboratory evaluation to determine any nutritional imbalance
- A comprehensive cancer diet program
- Optimal nutrition foods, oral and I.V. supplementation to correct imbalances
4. Cancer is a whole body disease involving the body, mind and spirit.
Incorporate mind/body medicine.
- Detect emotional trauma or stress trigger for cancer
- Relieve stress burden through individual and family support, meditation
- Use biological, psycho-emotional support to regain harmony of mind/body/spirit
5. Cancer feeds on sugar.
Where appropriate, fractionated targeted low dose chemotherapy with biological modulators, also known as IPT, Insulin Potentiation Low Dose therapy (IPTLD) treatment for cancer.
- Scientific evidence from PET scans shows most cancer cells take more sugar (glucose) than normal tissue
- Special anti-cancer diet
- NIHA is working with doctors around the country to develop fractionated chemotherapy with biological modulators, also known as IPT or IPTLD, insulin potentiation low dose chemotherapy, targeting chemotherapy directly to cancer cells
- Learn more about IPT low dose chemotherapy
6. Cancer takes over the bodily systems and progresses in an acidic microenvironment, which partially contributes to pain.
Modify the diet.
- Diet and lifestyle modification to reduce acidity in the body
- Life coaching on nutrient dense food, good fats, vegetables, lean meats, fish and whole foods
- Healthy home, water, and air
- Whole food nutrition to help patients through the negative side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
WHAT TO EXPECT
A cancer diagnosis is devastating and frightening. NIHA is here to provide a supportive hand to accompany you through the journey to fight, to survive and to thrive. Integrative, holistic medicine works together with conventional medical treatments to restore the patient to a better state of health and general well-being. This is our goal and our approach for cancer prevention and cancer treatment.
The supportive care and treatment at NIHA is based on the information obtained from our specialty laboratory test results concerning your immune status, nutritional status, chronic infection and underlining allergies or toxins. Targeted and individualized holistic treatments will be provided by integrative physicians and qualified medical practitioners.
Please bring all the relevant documentation with you concerning your cancer diagnosis and treatment, especially pathology reports, conventional laboratory test results and imaging studies. A whole body physical and functional evaluation will be conducted during the first visit. Additional specialty laboratory tests and functional evaluation will be provided to identify treatable root causes and to correct underlying pathology.
Non-invasive and natural therapies focusing on increasing energy, appetite, and strengthening the immune system will work together with modern medical technology to bring the best possible outcome. We strive to meet the physical and emotional needs of the patients and their families.
Please note that while NIHA staff have training and experience in cancer management and treatment, they are not oncologists; NIHA will actively coordinate its services with a patient’s oncologist and other treating physicians to ensure patients have an active team supporting their care.