Holistic Integrative Pediatrics
Healthy Children, Naturally
Holistic pediatric and young adult care combines the healing power of traditional western medicine with safe, complementary healing therapies. This approach addresses the whole child, not just the symptoms that brought you to the doctor, and encourages the immune system to heal naturally.
Caring for the Whole Child
In assessing a patient, the integrative physician will inquire not only about health history and symptoms, but will also ask about diet, exercise, stress, sleep, home and school environment, spiritual and emotional well-being.
Increasing numbers of children are suffering from chronic conditions such as asthma, allergies, ADHD, autism, even diabetes and obesity. Toxicities, diet, genetics, GI issues and/or nutritional deficiencies may be underlying causes or exacerbate these conditions. We can test for these conditions using special lab tests in our on-site lab, and devise a treatment plan based on the results. A treatment plan may include a nutrition plan, herbals, detoxification and perhaps antibiotics, designed to correct deficiencies and enhance the natural healing process.
More Options for Healing
For some conditions, antibiotics may be prescribed, but probiotics may also be included as part of the treatment plan. Natural therapies such as herbal or homeopathic treatments to strengthen the body’s natural defenses may be recommended for syndromes ranging from simple ear infections to more chronic illnesses.
Our Holistic Integrative Pediatrician Offers:
- Extended visits (1 hour initial visit, 1/2 hour follow up visits)
- Care for the Whole Child (physical, emotional and developmental care)
- Treatment of the root cause of illness, not just symptoms
- Vaccine-safe approach and protocols customized to your family's comfort level
- Team approach to care, using a patient-centered medical home model with referrals to specialists and fellow NIHA providers to optimize your childs overall health.
- Affiliation with other National Integrated Health Associates MD’s and dentists for expertise in ADHD, Lyme Disease, metabolic issues, and children’s dental and oral issues
- Convenient location in Washington D.C. with on-site garage parking and metro access
Whether you are looking for routine well baby care, preventive care for your children, different options for ADHD, or a nutritional analysis, the integrative medical approach to testing and treatment may help your children achieve optimal wellness, not just freedom from disease.
Dr. Bradley treats children from infant to age 21. Prenatal visits are also welcome, and recommended.
Meet Lorelle Bradley, MD, FAAP