Naturopathy is a form of alternative medicine, based on the idea that the body has an innate capacity to heal itself. Naturopaths improve health and treat illness by treating each person holistically, tapping a person's own internal body, mind and spirit resources. Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of primary health care-an art, science and practice of preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions of the human mind and body.
Naturopathy uses a blend of different therapies, all in order to restore the body's health in the most natural, non-invasive way possible by stimulating the body's own healing power.
Naturopathic doctors use 6 principles:
1. Nature has the power to heal
2. Treat the cause, not the effect
3. Treat the whole person
4. Do no harm
5. Encourage prevention
6. Act as a teacher
Naturopathic physicians can provide:
- Preventive and wellness care and chronic disease management
- A holistic approach to healing the whole person
- Annual comprehensive holistic history and physical
- Diet and lifestyle evaluation
- Comprehensive lab testing
- A partner with you to create a treatment plan
At National Integrated Health Associates we have two certified naturopathic physicians to help you heal naturally.