Registered Nurse, Part Time
National Integrated Health Associates (NIHA) are leaders in holistic & integrative medicine, biological dentistry and integrative cancer treatment. Integrative doctors blend the best of western medicine and safe, proven complementary and alternative therapies to help the body heal.
NIHA has started an Integrative Cancer Treatment Program that utilizes IPT (Insulin Potentiated Treatment) and other complementary modalities to support patients on their journey through cancer. We are seeking a part-time registered nurse to join our Integrative Cancer Team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Starting IVs, accessing ports and drawing blood
- Administering chemotherapeutics and other medications
- Monitoring patients for medication side effects of therapy & intervening
- Understanding of chemotherapeutic medications & IPT principles
- Providing psychosocial support to patients and their families
Degree: AA in Nursing or BSN
License: RN – Licensed in Washington DC
BLS/CPR Up to date; ACLS preferred
- At least 2 years in clinical practice with experience in chemotherapy, oncology, ICU or ER
- Must be able to comfortably access ports & manage IV infusions
- We are treating patients in an outpatient setting. If complications arise during treatment, the RN must be able to rapidly act and appropriately intervene. This includes possibly initiating CPR, hypoglycemia recovery, administering medications to reverse drug reactions and rapidly hydrating patients. This requires a high level of skill and sound clinical reasoning.
- We will teach IPT principles once hired.
Compensation & Commitment
- Salary: Negotiable
- Commitment: Part Time & Flexible Hours
Experienced Phlebotomist, Part Time, 20-30 hours a week
• Come join the NIHA Lab Team to serve patients with skilled phlebotomy experience of drawing blood tests and collection of other specimens such as swabs and finger sticks.
• Supports the IV infusion service with starting IVs, monitoring patients receiving IVs and discontinuing treatments when completed.
• Verifies orders, completes essential paperwork for tests, draws blood/specimens, processes blood for shipment to national Labs and documents activity.
• Maintains a safe, secure and healthy work environment by following standards and universal safety procedures.
• Enjoys being a team member, caring for patients and possesses ability to multitask.
• Certification in phlebotomy required with 4-5 years experience
• Experience in a medical office preferred
• Computer skills required including working with electronic health records and basic Microsoft Word.