Integrative doctors at NIHA blend the best of western medicine and safe, proven complementary and alternative therapies to help the body heal. NIHA has an Integrative Cancer Treatment Program that utilizes IPT (Insulin Potentiated Treatment) and other complementary modalities to support patients in their journey through cancer. We are seeking a part-time registered nurse to join our Integrative Cancer Team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Starting IVs, accessing ports and drawing blood
- Administering chemotherapeutics and other medications
- Monitoring patients for medication side effects of therapy & intervening
- Understanding of chemotherapeutic medications & IPT principles
- Providing psychosocial support to patients and their families
Degree: AA in Nursing or BSN
License: RN – Licensed in Washington DC
BLS/CPR Up to date; ACLS preferred
- At least 2 years in clinical practice with experience in chemotherapy, oncology, ICU or ER
- Must be able to comfortably access ports & manage IV infusions
- We are treating patients in an outpatient setting. If complications arise during treatment, the RN must be able to rapidly act and appropriately intervene. This includes possibly initiating CPR, hypoglycemia recovery, administering medications to reverse drug reactions and rapidly hydrating patients. This requires a high level of skill and sound clinical reasoning.
- We will teach IPT principles once hired.
Compensation & Commitment
- Salary: Negotiable
- Commitment: Part Time & Flexible Hours
NIHA is seeking an enthusiastic, full time or part time dental assistant to join our Holistic Family Dentistry team within an integrated healthcare center. Successful applicant must have 3 to 5 years of experience and good communication skills. Some Saturday, early morning and evening hours required. Experience and knowledge of dental computer software is essential. Dental Assistant registration in the District of Columbia is a must.
Excellent pay and benefits. Beautiful, safe, friendly, and fast paced state-of-the-art dental practice using the latest in holistic procedures.
Our leading holistic medical/dental office is seeking an experienced Massage Therapist. Part-time with some Saturdays. Knowledge and experience of Integrative Medicine is beneficial. Candidates must have at least a year’s experience working in a clinical environment. DC license required as well as membership with either AMTA, NCTMB, or another affiliate.