Dr. Barbara Solomon, M.D., M.A.
Allergy Testing and Treatment, Allergies and Environmental Medicine
Allergies and sensitivities are sometimes the most important underlying cause of illness. Symptoms are subtle and I work to root out allergies as the cause.
Areas of Focus:
Allergy and Environmental Medicine, Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, Heavy metal detection
Dr. Solomon was born in Oakland, California. She attained her Bachelor of Arts in Pre-Med and Psychology and Master of Arts degree in Biochemistry at the University of California-Berkley in 1953 and 1954 respectively. She received her Medical degree from George Washington Uninversity School of Medicine in 1960. She completed a rotating internship and a 1 year Internal Medicine residency at D.C. General Hospital. She did 2 more years in Internal Medicine at Baltimore City Hospitals with an additional year in Pathology.
Dr. Solomon has continued to practice medicine for over forty years. Additionally, she has authored publications and is a member of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine and American Association of Acupuncture and Bio-Energetic Medicine and several other medical societies. She is considered one of the pioneers of Alternative Medicine and Holistic Therapies.
She brings to our integrated team years of training and experience in electrodermal screening (EDS), evaluation of dental foci (identification of toxic root canal teeth and cavitations), environmental medicine and allergy desensitization. She works closely with Dr. McClure supervising many of our detoxification protocols and treatment of our dental patients.
Dr. Solomon uses a modality called a Computron that utilizes the basic principles of electrodermal screening, a form of biofeedback. Approximately 1.25 volts are applied to various acupuncture points allowing a flow of electrons (milliamps) through specific meridian systems of the body. The current produced is measured by the EDS device. A drop in current flow indicates a resistance (weakness) in the meridian being measured. The computer program of the Computron contains the electrical signals of various bacterial, viral, parasitic and dental nosodes, sarcodes, allergens, environmental and food allopathic medications. These treatment modalities from these signals can then be introduced into the current flow of the patient’s meridians strengthening the meridians that show a resistance or weakness. The remedy so introduced eliminates the resistance, and provides information as to the cause of the resistance (illness) providing a treatment or treatment plan. This technology can also be used to find hormone deficiencies, vitamin deficiencies, enzyme deficiencies in addition to bacterial, viral, parasitic infections, which can later be confirmed using conventional means (blood tests, urine tests, skin tests, cultures).
BARBARA SOLOMON, M. D. , M.A.
1953 B.A. with honors, University Of California at Berkeley
1954 M.A. in Biochemistry, UC - Berkeley
1955 UC School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA
Research fellow and graduate student in Pharmacology
1960 M.D. George Washington University School of Medicine
1960 to 1961 Rotating Internship - DC General Hospital
1961-1962 Internal Medicine Residency - DC General Hospital
1962-1964 Internal Medicine Residency - Baltimore City Hospital
1964-1965 Pathology Residency - Baltimore City Hospital
1961 Maryland (D10472)
1965-present Clinical private practice in Internal Medicine, allergies,
immunology and environmental medicine, in Baltimore, Maryland
1. Solomon, B., and F.H. Meyers, Department of Pharmacology and Exptl. Therapeutics, Univ. of California, Univ. of California Med. Ctr. , San Francisco. Enzymatic Transformation of Digotoxin Studied Polarographically, Federation Proceedings, vol 13, No 1, March 1956.
2. Solomon, B., Preliminary Report on the Dietary Management of Patients with Advanced Carcinoma, Maryland State Medical Journal, May 1969.
3. Solomon, B., Dyslexia - A Lead Toxicity Symptom, Maryland State Medical Journal, May 1979.
4. Solomon, B., The ALCAT Test - a Guide and Barometer in the Therapy of Environmental and Food Sensitivities, Environmental Medicine, Vol 9, No 2, pp 54-59.
Papers in progress:
5. Solomon, B., The Use of Mold Plates for Identification of Household Molds in the Maryland Area, to be published in the "Journal of Environmental Medicine", publication for the American Academy of Environmental Medicine.
6. Solomon, B., Correlation of ALCAT Testing for Molds and Serial Endpoint Titration Testing for Molds, to be published in the "Journal of Environmental Medicine", publication for the American Academy of Environmental Medicine.
7. Solomon, B., The Use of the ALCAT Testing for Foods and Molds, and SET for Molds Done Individually, for Pollens and Indoor Inhalants in the Treatment of Patients with Ulcerative Colitis - 6 Cases, to be published in the "Journal of Environmental Medicine", publication for the American Academy of Environmental Medicine.
8. Solomon, B., Study for Comparing EAV Testing for Foods, ALCAT testing for Foods and Food Challenge for IRB - FDA Approval for EAV Testing for Foods, by invitation from the American Assoc. of Acupuncture and Bio-Energetic Medicine.
1. "The Optometric Patient and Food Allergies", Dept. of Educ., Optometric Center of Md., Baltimore, MD, Feb. 1978.
2. "A Laboratory Yardstick of Cytotoxicity", Society of Clinical Ecology, 12th Annual Meeting, Sonesta Beach Hotel, Key Biscayne, FL, Nov. 1978.
3. "Some Clinical Observations on the Correlations between Hypersensitivity and Disease", Poster Presentation: Department of Health Education and Welfare, Public Health Service, Food and Drug Administation, Rockville, MD, August 1979.
4. "Diabetic Neuropathy - An Immune Phenomenon", American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Clearwater Beach, Florida, 20th Advanced Seminar, 21st Annual Meeting, October 1986.
5. "Irratable Bowel Syndrome With Severe Underweight Conditions Successfully Treated for Food Allergies with Carleton Lee Technique Using IGG Raft As A Guide", American Academy of Environmental MedicineHyatt Lake Tahoo, Incline Village, Nevada, 22nd Scientific Session, 23rd Annual Meeting, October 1988.
6. "ALCAT, A Guide and Barometer in Therapy", American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Hyatt Regency Ravina at Atlanta Perimeter, Atlanta, Ga., 23rd Scientific Session, 24th Annual Meeting, October 1989.
7. "The Use of an Extended Mold Panel Based Upon the Results of Mold Culture Plates’ Growth to Help Mold Sensitive Patients", American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Cour d’Alene, Idaho, Oct. 1990.
8. "The Use of the ALCAT Blood Test as an Aid in Testing for Molds Using Serial Endpoint Titration". American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, Lincolnshire, IL, Oct. 1992.
9. "The Use of ALCAT Testing in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis", Reno, Nevada, 1993.
10. "Beyond Sneezing: How Food Allergy Contributes to Other Illnesses", Great Lakes Clinical Medical Groups, GLACAM, Cleveland, Ohio, Sep. 1993.
11. "Percentage of Improvement in Symptoms With Diet Elimination Based Upon the ALCAT Test, etc.", American College for Advancement in Medicine, Fall Conference, Anaheim, Calif., Nov. 3, 1993.
12. Chinese Ministry of Health, Presentation on How ALCAT Aids Doctor in Treating Various Medical Conditions, Bejeng, China, Nov. 26-30, 1994.
13. "Dental Problems, An Often Overlooked Component of Total Immunillogic Load, Clinical Cases", American Assoc. of Acupuncture and Bio-Energetic Medicine, Honolulu, Hawaii, Feb. 1996.
14. "Four Case Studies Illustrating the Potential Contributing Role of Mercury Amalgams Fillings and Osteites of the Jaw in Seemingly Unrelated Common Diseases", American Academy of Environmental Medicine, Boston, MA, Oct. 1996, 31st annual meeting.
15. "Flow Chart: EAV Experience in the Treatment of Patients with Chronic Diseases", Foundation for East West Medicine, American Association of Acupuncture And Bioenergetic Medicine, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Bioenergetic Medicine, Univ. of MD, College Park, MD, July 1998.
16. "Flow Chart: EAV Experience in the Treatment of Patients with Chronic Diseases", Amer. Academy of Environmental Medicine, 33rd annual meeting, Renaissance Hotel, Baltimore, MD, Nov. 1998.
17. "Flow Chart: EAV Experience in the Treatment of Patients with Chronic Diseases", Institute of Quantium and Molecular Medicine and FIorida College of Oriental Medicine, Third Annual International Congress of Bioenergetic Medicine, Feb. 1999.
1961-present Internal Medicine Grand Rounds and Conjoint Clinic,
Johns Hopkins Hospital, annually, every Saturday, September through May.
1956-present American Assoc. Of Acupuncture And Bioenergetic
1965-present American Academy of Environmental Medicine
1965- present AMA
1965- present Medical and Chrurgical Society of the State of Maryland
1970-present American Academy of Otolaryngic Medicine
Professional Development Education:
Special Seminars in Environmental Medicine, Allergies and Immunology:
1975 Seminar, International Academy of Metabology
1975 Seminar, International Academy of Preventive Medicine, Houston, Texas
1976 Seminar, International Academy of Metabology, - 5th annual meeting
1977 Seminar, International Academy of Metabology, - 6th annual meeting
1977 Seminar, International Academy of Preventive Medicine, - Fall Conference, Phoenix, AZ
1977 "Food & Chemical Provocation, etc.", Seminar for Clinical Ecologic Techniques, Society of Clinical Ecology
Mar 1978 "Clinical Allergy", Post Graduate Course, Div. of Otolaryngology & Continuining Education, Honolulu, Hawaii
June 1978 "Post Graduate Course in Allergy & Immunology", Am.Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, Teaton Village, WY
July 1978 "Post Graduate Course Clinical Workshop, I", Holy Name Hosp., Teaneck, NJ
June 1978 "Post Graduate Course in Clinical Allergy", Amer. Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, Teaton Village, WY
Feb 1980 "Clinical Allergy", Div. of Otolaryngology & Continuining Education, Honolulu, Hawaii
1980 Post Graduate Lectures in Allergy & Immunology", Am. Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy, Teaton Village, WY
1982 Society for Clinical Ecology, 16th Advanced Seminar
1983 Society for Clinical Ecology, 17th Advanced Seminar, Colorado Springs, CO
Oct 1984 Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 18th Advanced Seminar, 19th Annual Meeting, McCormick Center Hotel, Chicago, IL
Nov 1984 9th Clinical Ecology Instructional Seminar, Part III, Amer.Academy for Environmental Medicine, Airport Hilton Inn, St. Louis, MO
Aug 1986 Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 11th Clinical Ecology Intermediate Instructional Course, 1989 Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 14th Clinical Ecology Intermediate Instructional Course, St. Louis, MO
Jan, 1990 "15th Instructional Course in Ecology Ecology, Part I - Primary", Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine,
Apr, 1990 Sheraton Denver Tech, Denver, Colo.
"15th Instructional Course in Ecology Ecology, Part II - Intermediate", Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, Weston Wm. Penn, Pitts., Pa.
July 1990 "Nutrition as It Relates to Environmental Medicine", Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 15th Clinical Ecology Advanced Instructional Course, Parts II and III (4 day seminar), Minneapolis, MN
July 1990 "Energy Medicine, New Device Technology", Amer. Assoc. of Acupunture & Bio-energetic Medicine, Kapolani Hosp., Honululu, HI.
Aug. 1991 "Bio-energetic Symposium", Computronix., Bonaventure Resort , Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
Oct 1991 Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 26th Advanced Seminar
Nov. 1991 "International Conference on Energy Medicine", AAABEM & Foundation of East West Medicine, Kapolaini Hosp. Honululu, HI.
Oct 1992 Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 17th
Jan 1993 "Basic Course in Otlaryngic Allergy & Immunology". Amer.
Academy Otlaryngology Allergy, Buena Vista Palace, Orlando, FL
Feb 1993 Amer. Environmental Health Foundation, 11th symposium, Dallas, Texas
April/May 1993 "Introduction to Environmental Medicine" Part I, "Nutrition as It Relates to Environmental Medicine", Part IV, Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, Schaumburg Marriott, Schaumburg, IL
Sept 1993 "Immunology, Immunotoxicology and Homotoxicolgy, Orlando, FL
Sept. 1993 "Multiple Modalities of Orthomolecular Nutritional Medicine:, Klair Laboratories, Lato di Garda, Italy
Feb 1994 Amer. Environmental Health Foundation, 17th Annual International Symposium: - "A Man and His Environment in Health and Disease" , Dallas, TX
April 1994 "Introduction to Environmental Medicine, Part I", "Diagnostic Testing & Immunotherapy in Environmental Medicine, Part II", "Chemical Exposure, Toxicity & Sensitivity, Part III", Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, Ritz Carlton Hotel, Kansas City, MO
Sept 1994 "Computronix, Level III Training Seminar, Electrodermal Screening", Computronix, Dallas, TX
Sept 1994 "Level III Courses for Electrodermal Screening Certification", Institute of Quantum Molecular Medicine
Oct 1994 Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 29th Annual Meeting , Virginia Beach, VA
Nov 1994 "Animcal Studies on Mercury Amalgam Fillings", Mid-Atlantic Environmental Medicine Group, Wash., DC
Dec 1994 "Data Presentation", Toxic Element Research Foundation, Calverton, MD
Dec 1994 "Energy Medicine for the 21st Century, Micro-current Therapy", Bioactive, Inc., Four Corners, Vienna, VA
Jan 1995 "Electrodermal Screening Workshop, Level IV"., Computronix, Paoli, PA
Jan 1995 "Dental Foci Evaluation"., Computronix, Paoli, PA
Feb 1995 "Man & His Environment in Health & Disease", 13th Annual Symposium, Amer. Environmental Health Foundation, Dallas, Texas
1995 "Electrodermal Screening Workshop, Level III"., Computronix, Paoli, PA
Aug/Sept 1995 "Third Annual International Symposium", KLAIR Laboratories, Athens, Greece, "Multiple Modalities of Orthomolecular, Biological, & Nutritional Medicine" Annual Symposium, Amer. Environmental Health Assoc.
Oct 1995 "Electrodermal Screening Certification", American Assoc. Of Acupuncture And Bio-Energetic Medicine, Honolulu, HI
Oct 1995 "Homeopathic/Isopathic Seminar", SANNUM, Inc. Scotsdale, AZ 1995 "Electrodermal Screening Workshop, Levels I & II", Computronix
Sept 1995 Amer. Academy for Environmental Medicine, 30th Annual Meeting , Tucson, AZ
Feb 1996 "Access of Care of All Illness Through Biological Terrain, Module I", R2 Medical Technologies, Inc.
Mar 1997 "Diagnosis and Treatment in Dentistry & Medicine", Amer. Academy of Biological Dentistry, Carmel, CA
Mar 1997 "Electrodermal Screening Workshop, Levels I & II", Computronix
June 1996 "Advances in Orthomolecular, Immunologic & Anti-aging Medicine", Amer. Biologics, USA & Europe, etc., Majorca, Spain
March 1997 "Diagnosis & Treatment in Dentistry & Medicine", Amer. Acad. Biological Dentistry, Carmel, Calif.
March 1997 "Electro-dermal Screening, Level I and II",Computronix
Jul 1997 "9th International Symposium, Integrated", American Biologics, Inc., - Italy
Feb 1998 2d Annual International Congress of Bio-Energetic Medicine, Florida School of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Clarion Resort Hotel, Orlando, FL
Jun 1998 Isopathic/Homeopathic, Medical/Dental Seminar, SANNEM Products, Scotsdale, AZ
Aug 1998 "Electrodermal Screening, Cancer Conference", Computronix, FL.
Custom Imprinted Homeopathic Remedies:
We have a customized database which includes the electronic signals for hundreds of different viruses, bacteria, parasites, and pollutants. Using the Computron (EAV) equipment, we can custom imprint a homeopathic remedy at the perfect strength and dosage for you.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS):
There are a growing number of people afflicted with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.
These patients have varying degrees of reaction to different synthetic chemicals. They can have minor or debilitating reactions to ingredients in common household goods such as:
- cleaning products
- petroleum fumes
- building materials
Even out-gassed fumes from:
- auto interiors
- dry-cleaned clothing
- or anti-wrinkle treated clothing can cause a reaction
A sampling of the many possible symptoms include:
- sudden headaches
- allergies, fatigue
- and anaphylactic shock
MCS patients benefit from therapies which address their condition on multiple levels:
- Immune System (Immunological Allergies)
- Autonomic Nervous System (Allergy Elimination Therapy)
- Dental Health (Search for infected gums, teeth, and jaw